Opening Remarks, Insolvency Law Reform Review, Restricting Creditor Voting Rights - Richard Fisher AM
General Counsel, Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Law
Office of General Counsel, University of Sydney
Opening Remarks from the Chair
Insolvency Law Reform Review
Richard Fisher AM will give an update on any new important developments you need to be aware of including the Anti-Phoenixing Bill and proposals in The Hayne Report.
Restricting Creditor Voting Rights
On 30 November the Government tabled the Insolvency Practice Rules (Corporations) Amendment (Restricted Related Creditor Voting Rights) Rules 2018 which restrict the rights of related parties to vote at creditors meetings using debt that they have purchased.
This is a simple change conceptually, but it does throw up a number of practical issues for insolvency practitioners, and so I will be asking Richard to use case studies to explain:
- Which forms of corporate insolvency administration are affected?
- The appointee’s obligation to inquire about assignment of debt
- What forms of assignment are caught? Will sub-participation arrangements or risk sharing structures be affected?
- What does “Related party” capture?
- Do the rules only apply to physical meetings?
- The extent of an appointee’s obligation to identify related party status.
Price includes GST
You must be signed in to a Google account in order to access course content
A link to the course content will be emailed to the Google email address you supply
- ALL sales of Traill & Associates Online Courses are final and non-refundable.
- Prices for courses may change at any time and Traill & Associates does not provide price protection or refund in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.
- If technical problems prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of your product, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for either replacement or refund of the price paid, as determined by Traill & Associates.
- Audio and video products are streamed digitally and there is no delivery of DVDs or CDs. Files are not downloadable. Traill & Associates cannot be responsible for poor internet connections.
- By completing this purchase, you acknowledge that you have thoroughly reviewed the course outline and understand the nature of the program. Delivery of the course can only be made to a valid Google account.
- ANY COPYING, DISTRIBUTING, TRANSMITTING, POSTING, LINKING OR DEEP LINKING WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF TRAILL & ASSOCIATES PTY LTD IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.