- 2019 Annual Practical Insolvency Conference
- The High Court on ‘Holding’ DOCAs - Robert Newlinds
The High Court on ‘Holding’ DOCAs - Robert Newlinds
The use of ‘holding’ DOCA’s has not been without its critics: Is there really a proposal? How can the administrator actually form an opinion? These and other questions were considered by the High Court in Mighty River International Limited v Hughes Limited  HCA 38 (12 September 2018)  HCA 38.
Robert Newlinds SC - Counsel involved in the matter - gives the background to the decision which split the Court 3/2 on this important question, and tells you about the practical implications of the case and what it means for practitioners.
He also details the Impact of the ability of an insolvency practitioner as a chairperson to adjourn the second meeting of creditors for up to 45 business days unilaterally – (75-140 Insolvency Practice Rules).
Price includes GST
You must be signed in to a Google account in order to access course content
A link to the course content will be emailed to the Google email address you supply
- ALL sales of Traill & Associates Online Courses are final and non-refundable.
- Prices for courses may change at any time and Traill & Associates does not provide price protection or refund in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.
- If technical problems prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of your product, contact email@example.com for either replacement or refund of the price paid, as determined by Traill & Associates.
- Audio and video products are streamed digitally and there is no delivery of DVDs or CDs. Files are not downloadable. Traill & Associates cannot be responsible for poor internet connections.
- By completing this purchase, you acknowledge that you have thoroughly reviewed the course outline and understand the nature of the program. Delivery of the course can only be made to a valid Google account.
- ANY COPYING, DISTRIBUTING, TRANSMITTING, POSTING, LINKING OR DEEP LINKING WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF TRAILL & ASSOCIATES PTY LTD IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.