Using Barnes v Addy To Attack Phoenix Transactions - Camilla Clemente
The High Court decision in Ancient Order of Foresters in Victoria Friendly Society Limited v Lifeplan Australia Friendly Society Limited  HCA 43 (10 October 2018) 2018] HCA 43 is not an insolvency matter per se - but it does deal with the situation that many insolvency practitioners will be familiar with, where key staff move to a business rival to utilise:
“valuable confidential information of their employer...to attack the commercial base of that employer...to take as quickly as possible the business presently enjoyed by [their former employer] and replicate its success for the benefit of the new prospective employer”
Camilla Clemente, (Ashurst acted for the successful respondents) takes you through the decision with a particular focus on phoenix transactions and to understand when it might provide a better way to claw back a business that has been transferred and what other tools are available to Insolvency practitioners in relation to Phoenix situations.
Price includes GST
You must be signed in to a Google account in order to access course content
A link to the course content will be emailed to the Google email address you supply
- ALL sales of Traill & Associates Online Courses are final and non-refundable.
- Prices for courses may change at any time and Traill & Associates does not provide price protection or refund in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.
- If technical problems prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of your product, contact email@example.com for either replacement or refund of the price paid, as determined by Traill & Associates.
- Audio and video products are streamed digitally and there is no delivery of DVDs or CDs. Files are not downloadable. Traill & Associates cannot be responsible for poor internet connections.
- By completing this purchase, you acknowledge that you have thoroughly reviewed the course outline and understand the nature of the program. Delivery of the course can only be made to a valid Google account.
- ANY COPYING, DISTRIBUTING, TRANSMITTING, POSTING, LINKING OR DEEP LINKING WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF TRAILL & ASSOCIATES PTY LTD IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.