Dealing With Claims For Special Purpose/Quistclose & Express Trusts - Bridget Slocum
Bridget Slocum, Barrister, Lonsdale Chambers, Victorian Bar
This is another topic which has forced its way back on to the program. Very clearly, appointees are increasingly having to deal with claims that assets are held in trust for other parties. Bridget Slocum, who has some first hand knowledge of this topic, reviews a number of recent cases, including:
- AAD Services Pty Ltd (In liq) v ALD Wholesale Pty Ltd & Anor  VSC 585 (8 October2018)  VSC 585 – Whether an advance was made to borrower company or to the effective controller of the borrower company personally
- Braham Investments v Sovereign MF  VSC 801 (22 December 2017)  VSC 801 Whether a transfer to solicitor’s trust accountant was an express trust
- In the matter of Courtenay House Capital Trading Group Pty Limited (in liquidation) NSWSC 404 Whether funds held in an unregistered managed investment scheme were held ontrust for investors or part of general assets
- In the matter of Stream Customised Claims Pty Ltd (recs & mgrs apptd) (in liquidation) NSWSC 1812 (27 November 2018)  NSWSC 1812 whether reference in correspondence evidenced an intention to create a trust or a proprietary interest
- In the matter of Australian Institute of Professional Education Pty Limited (In Liquidation) NSWSC 1028 (4 July 2018)  NSWSC 1028 whether the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (Cth) operated to create a constructive trust.
Price includes GST
You must be signed in to a Google account in order to access course content
A link to the course content will be emailed to the Google email address you supply
- ALL sales of Traill & Associates Online Courses are final and non-refundable.
- Prices for courses may change at any time and Traill & Associates does not provide price protection or refund in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.
- If technical problems prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of your product, contact email@example.com for either replacement or refund of the price paid, as determined by Traill & Associates.
- Audio and video products are streamed digitally and there is no delivery of DVDs or CDs. Files are not downloadable. Traill & Associates cannot be responsible for poor internet connections.
- By completing this purchase, you acknowledge that you have thoroughly reviewed the course outline and understand the nature of the program. Delivery of the course can only be made to a valid Google account.
- ANY COPYING, DISTRIBUTING, TRANSMITTING, POSTING, LINKING OR DEEP LINKING WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF TRAILL & ASSOCIATES PTY LTD IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.